Tirano / Valposchiavo / Valmalenco / Val Bregaglia / Valchiavenna
6 days / 5 nights (on request)
The success of the 2006 edition of Via Alpina Trek, which involved 35 participants for a week in the mountains of Valtellina and Valpolschiavo (CH), has convinced the Consorzio Turistico Provinciale di Sondrio (Sondrio’s Provincial Tourist Board) to do an encore and, in Summer 2007, the long-waited second edition of the international Trek will be there! The idea is to complete the trail of the Lombardy legs of Via Alpina, especially involving Tirano, Valposchiavo (CH), Valmalenco, Val Bregaglia and Valchiavenna. The 2007 Via Alpina Trek will start on August 25th from Tirano to reach Spluga Pass on August 30th. Along the trail one will go through Selva (Valposchiavo), to stop over at Campo Moro and Chiareggio in Valmalenco, Chiavenna and Isola in Valchiavenna.
The stages are suitable for good walkers. The services of offer, such as luggage transport from one leg to the next, are noteworthy.
• 1 day: arrival and accommodation in hotel in Tirano.
• 2 day: transfer to Valposchiavo (CH) at Selva and departure of the hike Selva-Campo Moro in Valmalenco (Selva, Passo di Canciano, Passo di Campagne da, Campo Moro), accommodation in refuge and dinner.
• 3 day: a stage entirely in Valmalenco from Campo Moro to Chiareggio (Campo Moro, Alpe Musella, Alpe Palù, Palolungo, Chiareggio). Accommodation in hotel and dinner.
• 4 day: a leg between Italy and Switzerland, departure from Chiareggio, ascent to Muretto Pass to go down to Maloja in Engadina (CH). Continuation by bus to Chiavenna. Accommodation in hotel and dinner inn a typical Crotto.
• 5 day: Via Alpina meets Via Spluga, from Chiavenna to Isola (Chiavenna, Gallivaggio, Vho, Campodolcino, Isola). Accommodation and dinner in hotel at Isola.
• 6 day: hike from Isola to Spluga Pass through the spectacular Cardinello gorge (Isola, Cardinello, Motespluga, Passo Spluga). End of the trek and return to Chiavenna.
MIN/MAX NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS FORESEEN: min.15 participants
PRICE: € 340,00
The fee includes:
• 5 overnight stays half board in hotel (1 day in refuge)
• 5 packed lunches
• qualified guiding
• people transport where foreseen by the programme
• luggage transport from one stage to the next
• Via Alpina documents and gadget
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Consorzio Turistico Provinciale di Sondrio
Via Trieste, 12 - 23100 Sondrio
TEL. 0342/215921 - 683470